Written by Lisa Druxman
Contributor for Tools For A Great Life
1. Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.
2. Be careful not to “diet” by day and binge by night. Or be good for the week and “treat” yourself on the weekend. See what happens when you stick to the plan!
3. If you are eating due to stress, focus on what’s really going on and work on your issues. Food is not a fix.
4. People who connect online about fitness and weight loss goals are more successful!
5. Get a menu ahead of time if you are going out to eat and plan for success.
6. Serve yourself. Take your serving and put food away instead of eating family style.
7. Take your lunch to work. Eating out makes it too tough to stay on track!
8. Focus on what you are adding to your life instead of what you are taking away. For instance, focus on adding exercise, vegetables, meditation instead of feeling deprived.
9. You will have what you focus on. Create a vision board and get clear on what you want to accomplish.
10.Take 10. Take 10 minutes each day to do some yoga moves or to meditate. It will recharge you and help you decrease stress.
11.Put out your workout clothes the night before so that you are all set for success
About Lisa Druxman
Lisa Druxman, M.A. is a nationally recognized speaker and author and considered an expert in the field of fitness, particularly pre/postnatal fitness. Lisa earned her Master’s degree at San Diego State University in psychology with an emphasis in exercise adherence and weight control. She created the weight management program, L.E.A.N. Mommy® (Learn Eating Awareness and Nutrition) which is also the name of her book, by Hachette Books. She is also the exclusive writer for Entrepreneur’s online Mompreneur column. Lisa has been featured on NBC’s Today Show, CNN, The Montel Williams Show, Access Hollywood and profiled in magazines such as Entrepreneur, Woman’s Day, Good Housekeeping, Self and more.
Since she has been in the fitness industry for over 20 years, her focus for the past decade has been working with moms to help them get fit and lose weight. She is the creator of Stroller Strides®, Fit4Baby®, Mama Wants® Her Body Back and the author of Lean Mommy. Lisa is the go-to for Hollywood and for fitness professionals when it comes to pre and postnatal fitness. She is an awarded fitness professional and has even been named by NBC as one of “America’s Favorite Moms”.